Monday, November 20, 2006

Used videos on amazon.com

Hurrah! Time to break my two weeks' silence with uninteresting content! I was recently looking at the listings for With a Friend Like Harry on amazon.com, and saw in the Used list that one seller offers the following comments:
Brand New! Factory Sealed! US Retail DVD! SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO ILLINOIS. Customer service is our #1 priority. We ship your order from Illinois within two business days by USPS media mail (no tracking or expedited shipping available). If we can't ship your order within two business days, it will be cancelled and your money refunded in full. Although over 90% of our shipments arrive within two weeks, please allow up to 30 days for delivery.
Well, thanks! I'm full of confidence that your possibly-mysteriously-delayed not-shipping-to-your-base-of-operations merchandise will arrive in exactly the stated condition!

UPDATE 21 November 2006. M suggested to me that they don't ship to Illinois to avoid taxes. No, thanks, I'll stick with my conspiracy theories.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pigs in Maputo said...

sorry, M is right. as an avid movie buyer, i noticed that CA people don't ship to CA and so forth.

10:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

write something Loren, it's been ages

6:39 pm  
Blogger L S said...

I am gratified by your desire for more (rather than, as is yearned for by most of those who talk to me, less) content (and occasional optimistic visits). There is the minor stumbling block currently in my way that I don't feel like writing -- but, who knows when the Christmas (or at least literary) mood will suddenly strike?

12:02 am  
Blogger L S said...

P.S. As can be seen by that comment, I am out of practice, or at least very tired. What I meant was that I am gratified by your occasional optimistic visits, not by your desire for occasional optimistic visits (although, for all I know, there is no desire nearer your heart). It was clearer before I inserted the explanatory parentheses.

12:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home