Sunday, June 11, 2006

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength ...

... and suicide is an act of war. I don't like just to post a link and leave it at that, but neither do I know how to comment on this except through enraged and astonished sputtering, which doesn't translate too well to a blog post. (The news story, incidentally, repeatedly quotes the military's assertion that the suicides were in fact an act of 'asymmetrical' warfare, which I accepted -- why, after all, would a rear admiral lie to me? -- until my wife pointed out that those military men who think suicide is such a great warfare strategy could just try it themselves.)

(P.S. On rereading, I am forced to admit that a blog post is probably the best medium to which to translate enraged and astonished sputtering -- or at least the medium to which E&AS is most often translated; but this is still not to say that it's desirable to do so.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home