Sunday, January 14, 2007

Magritte

My posts about Magritte seem to be the single draw for this site -- at least, they seem to be the only way that people stumble here through Google. (Well, one person got here by searching for 'why I like this work' -- about which I feel I can (and maybe eventually will) say something, since, as with most academics, I have a high degree of job satisfaction -- but even that only found a sentence from my post on L'homme au journal.) Well, partially this is just a hello to the visitors and a brief post to continue the illusion that this blog is not entirely dead; but also I do hope that some of you visitors will leave your thoughts -- I don't often get an opportunity to discuss Magritte with other admirers, and it would be a pleasure to be able to do so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing me to the wonders of Magritte.

8:07 pm  
Blogger Pigs in Maputo said...

i wish i knew how to track visitors like you do, as one anonymous left a nasty comment in my blog (and i am afraid this person might be known to me). though it is nice to see that *someone* is visiting my blog, even if just to leave nasty comments.
oh, and i finally watched Full Metal Jacket; pretty good. :-)

1:08 pm  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Well, I stumbled upon your blog simply by punching the "next blog" button, after posting on my own blog. Sorry I can't discuss Magritte with you at the moment...I don't know anything about the artist. Yet. But don't worry, I WILL.

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home